There are numerous errors that a user can face while trying to download the latest updates of payroll directly from within QuickBooks Desktop, and among them, the most common is QuickBooks error 15241. The error code unexpectedly pops up on the computer screen with an error message, which simply says, “The payroll update did not complete successfully.” In general, such a payroll update error happens when the File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop is not running on the computer. However, there can be other reasons also behind the existence of error 15241 that we aim to explain to you further in this post, along with the troubleshooting solutions.Need instant troubleshooting guidance to get over QuickBooks error 15241 without breaking a sweat! If yes, feel free to speak to our technical experts just by giving us a call at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).What can be the reasons causing payroll error 15241?Apart from the disabled QuickBooks File Copy Service, the following can be the reason causing payroll error 15241:
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 15241?Solution 1) Turn on the File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop
- Outdated version of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 2) Update QuickBooks Desktop using the administrator account
- If QuickBooks Desktop is opened, select the File menu located at the upper menu bar.
- Choose the Exit option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Start menu and enter “This PC” into the search box.
- Right-click This PC and select the Manage option.
- Select the Services and Applications link at the left pane.
- At the right pane, double-select the Services option.
- Double-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service from the list of services.
- In the General tab, select the Startup type menu and choose the Manual option from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Select the Start button and then choose the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to download the latest updates of payroll.
- Select the Start menu on the computer.
- Into the search box, type “QuickBooks Desktop” and look for the QuickBooks Desktop version in the list of results.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose the Run as administrator option.
- Enter the QuickBooks admin username and password as prompted.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, choose the Help menu located at the upper menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- In the Options tab, click on the Mark All button.
- Go to the Update Now tab, check the Reset Updates checkbox, and then hit the Get Updates button.
- On the keyboard, press Windows and F4 keys at the same time to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and choose the Yes option when it asks you to install the latest updates you downloaded.
If you can’t get rid of QuickBooks error 15241
even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there is a high possibility that the Windows Firewall is preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the update server. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to configure the Windows Firewall settings for QuickBooks Desktop manually and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also get the payroll update error fixed instantly by contacting our technical experts at the toll-free number (844-888-4666)