One of the interesting points about QuickBooks is that it enables users to access their company files stored on servers at different locations. However, there are several multi-user errors that are bound to occur while opening the company file on a workstation, and among the most common is QuickBooks error H202. A user might get the following message with the error prompt: This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting. Usually, such multi-user errors happen when the workstation QuickBooks tries to connect to the company file but fails to communicate with the server computer. In this post, we will explain to you all the possible reasons that can throw error H202, alongside the possible troubleshooting solutions that too in layman’s language and step-wise manner.Need instant troubleshooting assistance to get rid of QuickBooks error H202? If yes, don’t hesitate to speak to our technical support team at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).What are the reasons causing QuickBooks multi-user error H202?
The followings are all the possible reasons that can throw QuickBooks multi-user error H202:
- The user might not have set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server.
- The Windows Firewall might be blocking the server QuickBooks program from connecting to the internet.
It is time to look at the troubleshooting solutions for the reasons we have just discussed with you.What do you need to do to resolve QuickBooks error H202?Solution 1) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server ManagerThe Database Server Manager is a component that enables QuickBooks Desktop to share the company file with workstations over the network in multi-user mode.
Solution 2) Manually make the Windows firewall exception for the QuickBooks Database Server ManagerBy making firewall exception for the QBDBMgrN.exe file (the executable file of the Quickbooks database server manager), we can ensure that QuickBooks Desktop faces no issues while connecting to the internet.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most recent version (18.104.22.168) and save it somewhere on the computer that you can quickly locate.
- Select the downloaded installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- To install QuickBooks Tool Hub, follow the onscreen instructions and, at last, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- Select the Network Issues tab at the left panel of the window.
- In the Fix My Network section, select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
- Click on the Browse button to select the company file and then choose the Start Scan button.
- Once the database server manager is done scanning the company file, select the Close button.
- Now, try to access the company file from the workstation QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
- On the server computer, open the Windows Start menu.
- Into the search column, enter “Firewall” and then select Windows Firewall from the list of search results.
- Select the Advanced Settings option at the left panel of the window.
- Right-click on the Inbound Rules link and then select the New Rule option.
- Select the Program option and then choose the Next button.
- Select the This Program Path button and then choose the Browse button.
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys at the same time to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, enter “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR” and then click on the OK button.
- In the folder, look for the file named QBDBMgrN.exe and select it.
- Select the Next button.
- Select the Allow the Connection option and then choose the Next button.
- Make sure to select all profiles as prompted and then choose the Next button.
- Create a new rule and name it “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
- Repeat the steps mentioned above in the same manner to create outbound rules, except you need to right-click on the Outbound Rules link instead of the Inbound Rules link.
If you cannot resolve QuickBooks error H202
even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there might be some network connectivity issues between the server and the workstation. We suggest you ping the server from the workstation and then use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve the network connectivity issues. For additional troubleshooting assistance to get the multi-user error resolved, don’t hesitate to reach the QuickBooks expert team at our customer-support number (844-888-4666)